Toll Redress advocates for those adversely impacted by toll road systems. There's currently a class action for QLD toll road (Go Via, Linkt, Transurban) users. Have you joined? Learn more here.
The toll road system in Australia has caused irrevocable harm to motorists across at alarming rates. Thousands of people have reached out to us, many in desperate situations after being offered no reasonable assistance by toll road giant Transurban, government departments and debt collection agencies.
Please Enquire here with your toll road story. State how much debt it is alleged you have, especially if it is above $10,000. We can't guarantee that we will be able to help as we have received thousands of toll road complaints. But it helps us to collect data and lobby on your behalf.
Did you know Transurban wants to toll you for every kilometre you drive?
Transurban's own vision for Australia is to pocket your hard-earned money by making you pay for every single kilometre you drive. They are lobbying the government to make it a law. Instead of paying Registration, they want to put you on a plan where you pay per kilometre. Their argument is that the current Registration system isn't fair for people who don't drive as often, as they're paying the same amount as those who drive frequently. It's important to remember this "problem" has been invented by an ASX-listed, multi-national, multi-billion dollar corporation so they can sell their solution. Registration is a fixed price that most people budget for accordingly. In addition, their argument is flawed. People who don't drive as often pay less fuel excise. The real reason why Transurban suddenly cares about fairness - despite currently being the subject of a class action where it is alleged they unfairly charged customers fees - is they see potential to profit from a change in Registration systems. They ultimately want you on a plan that you pay fees on.
What can you do?
With Transurban's horrific track record of managing complaints, customers, and putting profit before people, we strongly recommend everyone lobbies their State and Federal MPs against the proposed solution to a problem they invented. Get in touch if you'd like to do this. Not sure if this impacts you? Consider the following:
- You live in a rural or regional area which requires you to travel far distances.
- Transurban says it isn't fair for "infrequent and low-demand motorists" to subsidise "frequent, high-demand motorists". If you currently have to travel long distances to visit "infrequent motorists" like your grandparents, you might have to pay extra for the privilege.
- There's a sudden emergency that requires you to travel above your allotted kilometres.
- You face a life-changing situation that leaves you living in your car.
- Life circumstances lead you to taking an unplanned family vacation.
- Your receive a reduction in hours or pay by your employer, but have to travel the same distance.
- Your child changes schools or starts a new hobby, requiring you to travel a longer distance.
- A person you love can no longer drive and you are now driving more to meet their health or other needs.
These are all scenarios that any one of us can face. We could all end up paying more than the standard Registration. It is important now more than ever that motorists have a voice. Currently, stakeholders in the toll road industry have lobbyists and advisers assisting them in achieving lucrative government contracts.
Your voice is being left out of the conversation.
Companies like Transurban are lobbying the government for a system that will ultimately bring them more stability beyond their 30+ year contracts, and a system that will help them look more favourable to shareholders. This will come at your expense: it will likely be more expensive to drive, and there is no guarantee that driving conditions will improve. Toll Redress provides you with an opportunity to have your voice heard. We have extensively researched the tolling system, generated many media stories and have assisted with government inquiries.
Whistleblowers and industry tip-offs
If you're a whistleblower, please get in touch via our secure email. We are used to speaking with whistleblowers and handling confidential information. Email today: email@example.com
Want to get in touch as an analyst?
Please visit our research website: Diligence Research